I am sure that all those, who have ever experienced back pain in life, must be agreeing to the fact that we can do anything to get relief from it.
Back pain usually feels like aching, burning, stiffness, pressure or tingling in the affected portion of our back.
To cure this pain, we generally resort to over-the-counter medications, ointments and sprays, and mostly for the reason that they work immediately, allowing us to resume our routine activities.
But this is the enormous mistake that we do. Back pain is not the issue itself; it is one of the symptoms of our deteriorating health conditions. And getting freed from the symptoms does not kill the disease.
Therefore, it is essential to find the underlying causes behind back pain. Following are some of the conditions, which may cause back pain.
- You may be suffering from chronic pain, i.e. constant pain, which results from injuries occurred due to accidents, intense workouts and sports activities.
- Back pain can also occur due to diseases such as Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Herniated or slipped discs, Bulging discs, Degenerative disc, Spinal stenosis, Cervical Radiculopathy or Spondylolisthesis.
- Ageing is the most common cause because with age, our bones tend to become weak and lead to pain in back, joints, and other body parts.
- Patients suffering from spine cancer may also develop back pain.
- Pregnant ladies can feel back pain.
- Present day lifestyle is the root cause behind back pain in many cases. Most of us have a desk job, which requires us to sit in an uncomfortable posture for extended hours, resulting into pain in neck, shoulders and back.
- Driving for long durations can also cause back pain
- Inadequate sleep and hard mattress are also reasons of back pain.
- At times, you may feel sudden pain and burning sensation in your back while lifting an object which is too heavy or lifting an object improperly.
To treat the disease completely, it is important to correct these causes, which is possible only with proven treatment methods and techniques. Employing such methods require time, unlike OTC drugs which remove pain quickly.
With the help of reputed back pain specialists in Melbourne, you can get cost-effective treatments for speedy recovery.
One of the treatments for back pain is Physiotherapy, which is increasingly adopted by many patients as it has long-term benefits.
Our physiotherapists are back pain specialists in Melbourne and help you to not just get relief from pain, but also improve the strength of your body.